Skip to content

FARM BARN

The farm barn was built in 1896 by Civil War, veteran William Harris and his sons, Frank, Jess, Al, and Irvin. It is constructed largely of lumber from native cottonwood trees, cut along the nearby  Grand River, and milled at a sawmill located on the Grand River.  It was moved to the Village from the William Harris homestead in the northwest corner of section 6 of Jones Township.  Before the barn was relocated to the Village it contained four horse stalls, a corn crib, a tack area, and a manure track to load and wheel out the door.

Back To Top