Skip to content

GRAND RIVER

In this instance, Grand River was not the name of a town or river but the name of a rail spur leading to railroad owned gravel pits south of the main C.B.&Q.  line. The spur was in the area south of where the town of Talmage was later located. From the railroads founding in 1869 until the widening of the road bed to two tracks in 1901 this switch could have been a dangerous place to operate, because both eastbound and westbound trains used the same main track. The name Grand River is most generally found on railroad related maps before about 1901.

Back To Top