The land on which this cabin originally sat was homesteaded by the Emhoff family in 1855. It was located in Lincoln Township about 6 miles northeast of Creston. It is believed that the cabin was built about this time. In 1906 two additions were added to make it a six room house. The family added rooms to accommodate their nine children. The original cabin became the dining room of a much larger frame home. In 1909 William Emhoff and his bride Stella moved into the house. William passed away in 1930 and Stella and seven children continue to live there until 1955 when their son Harold and family moved into the house. The house was used until November of 1974 and donated to the village in 1975. The fireplace and part of the north wall were added to complete the cabin.