OAK HILL
In 1854 after the first death in the township, it became necessary to establish a cemetery. Benjamin Lamb and C. P. Scott donated land for a cemetery and church site. As the years went by there was talk of building the church, but it was 45 years before it was actually accomplished. Through donations of labor and materials from the surrounding neighbors a nondenominational church was built in 1903. Because the church was on a high knoll, surrounded by oak trees. It was given the name Oak Hill Chapel. The first minister was Methodist but being a non-denominational church, ministers of other denominations preached over the years. The church was remodeled in 1970.